In response to #tuesdayuseitinasentence prompt Late offered by Kelly at Forty c’est fantastique
Here are the prompt rules:
- 1. Make a sentence with the word of the week. Leave it as just a sentence or write a post to go with it.
- 2. Try to do it on Tuesday.
- 3. Include the hashtag #tuesdayuseitinasentence.
- 4. Post it on Twitter and/or Facebook (if you have a public site) and/or Pinterest and/or WordPress and/or any other social media site you belong to.
- 5. Participate as many times as you’d like. You can write a different sentence for each platform, but please keep it to one sentence per post.
- 6. If you post your sentence here on WordPress or on any other site where there’s a clickable link, include the link in the comment section for this week.
- 7. Google #tuesdayuseitinasentence to find other participants! The more you connect, the bigger it gets and the more views and followers you’ll have.
She was late; so very late. She could have said that it was her sibling’s birthday and that time had flown by. But that wouldn’t be enough. She still would submit her work 6 hours late and she’d be in trouble if anyone actually cared to look at what time her work was sent. She might argue that she’d still ensured it was received for publishing time or the late Mr. Smith, whose obit she had to write, wouldn’t mind at all. But that wouldn’t be an argument either and she knew how her boss would react to that.