As a part of Blogging 201, we are invited today to Make the Most of Events.
Today’s assignment: create a recurring blogging event on your site, and/or make plans to attend a blogging conference.
Seeing as I’m already taking part in a few challenges on a daily/weekly basis, I wanted to develop one of my own. I hope you’ll enjoy it.
It’s funny you know, developing contest/challenges have been a part of my job since 2006. It was to get my staff involved in our project and get them excited to be performing better than expected. I hope I can transfer this set of skills to a blogging event.
So welcome to
Words around the world ~ a Photo Op’
- Have people exchange about a text/story.
- Discover new places or well known ones but with a story behind.
How it works
- Every Tuesday, starting February 17, a photo will be posted by the winner of the previous week’s challenge. Ideally, it will be a place: a city, a well-known monument, a street, a park.
- Ideally it’d be a photo taken by the person posting it. If not, something that’s meaningful to them. In fact, the person should give a little bit of background about why they chose this particular place/landmark. No more than 5 sentences.
- The photo is meant to be an inspiration, a starting point for the participants. It can be a story, a memory, something that the photo evokes for you.
- The only constraints is that the post can’t be more than 500 words and has to be posted by Saturday of the same week.
- The story/message should be posted on your blog with a pingback to this site along with a comment to let us know that you posted.
The winner will be chosen by the person who submitted the photo; with a little bit of a why they like the post. In turn, they’ll choose a photo of their own for the next week.
For the first couple of weeks, I’ll be submitting my photos before I ask anyone else to get involved. That would be unfair right. Unless you want to share a photo of a place that you love. I’ll organize that part on Saturday. A post on your blog that I’ll reblog here or a quick email. Still figuring that part out.
Have fun and let’s share some stories (fiction or no)